Galaxy Entertainment Reportedly Searching for brand New Casino Site After Boracay Plans Bust
Galaxy Entertainment is reportedly searching for a new spot to create its next casino resort after its $500 million plans on the Philippines' Boracay Island recently found a screeching halt.
A federal government official in the Philippines says Lui Che Woo's Galaxy Entertainment is leaving picturesque Boracay Island and searching for a brand new place to build its casino resort.
The Hong casino that is kong-based led by billionaire Lui Che Woo is allegedly using his half of a billion dollars and looking for the more desirable locale after engaging in a public dispute with Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte.
Though the country's gaming regulator PAGCOR (Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp) issued Galaxy a provisional license for the island, the president stated recently which he knew of 'no plans for a casino,' and he would give the land once it's reformed 'to farmers, towards the Filipinos first.'
In mid-March, Galaxy Vice Chairman Francis Lui said the company had been 'pleased to guide President Duterte therefore the Philippine federal government's initiative for the managed and sustainable development of Boracay.'
Boracay Island is planned to close April 26 at the direction of Duterte, who labeled it a 'cesspool.' The island that is four-square-mile to be closed for half a year and washed up underneath the direction of Environmental Secretary Roy Cimatu.
The island is one of the most vacation that is popular into the Philippines.